Event Date – June 25th, 2022
The Vermont Gran Fondo is a non-competitive ride through Vermont’s Green Mountains. This ride will test your fitness with its challenging climbs. There are amazing views at the top of each gap—savor them for a moment before you speed downhill.
Venue location for 2022: Bristol Rec Park at 110 Airport Drive. Bristol, Vermont.
Friday 6/24 –
Frog Hollow Bikes, 74 Main Street, Middlebury
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Packet pick-up and registration: at
Saturday 6/25 –
Bristol Rec Field, 110 Airport Dr, Bristol, VT.
5:30 am to 9:45 am: Packet pick-up and registration
7:00 am – Gran Depart
9:30 am – Medio Depart
12:00 pm – 6: pm – Food Service begins
3:30 pm – Lincoln Gap KOM & QOM Awards
The local Recreation Park has ample space for our venue tent, after-party food vendors, and no shortage of parking at the adjoining High School. We are very excited about the move and the possibilities it brings. Below is a cool video shot by one of our local video artists.
Three ride options for 2021:
Difficile, Medio & Piccolo routes will cover small stretches of iconic Vermont dirt roads (approximately 10-20% per course). Dirt surfaces are hard-packed and easily navigable. GPS COURSE PACK DOWNLOAD
- Gran Fondo: ~100 miles, ~9-10K’ of climbing over Middlebury Gap (west to east), Lincoln Gap (east to west), Brandon Gap (west to east), Middlebury Gap (east to west).
- Medio Fondo ~65 miles, ~5,400′ of climbing (Middlebury Gap over and back)
- Piccolo Fondo: ~37 miles, ~2,600′ of climbing. (no gaps but, still some climbing)
Ride with GPS links:
- Gran – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36956636
- Medio – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36956680
- Piccolo – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36956706
- Gran – https://www.strava.com/routes/2805810097799226798
- Medio – https://www.strava.com/routes/2814680269260489824
- Piccolo – https://www.strava.com/routes/2836581893235877686
Google Interactive Map: CLICK HERE
- Three amazingly scenic, challenging, and well-marked routes
- Route signage marking every turn, cue sheets, route maps at each rest stop, and course marshals to guide you
- Rest stops with the foods you expect at endurance cycling events (PBJ, Hammer Fuels and Fluids, an assortment of fresh fruits), plus a variety of specialty treats
- SAG support and mechanical support along the course.
- Insurance coverage included in the registration
Mountain Gap Hill Climb Challenge: King and Queen of the Mountain
This year a timed Gap Hill Climb Challenge with KOM & QOM trophies will be awarded to the top three men and women. The most challenging gap of the course will be designated as the challenge.
Riders seeking a bit of additional motivation can empty the tank by attempting to set personal bests and compare themselves to others on each gap. Upload your climb times (for any or all of the four gaps) via Garmin or iPhone to Strava and compare your times on our event KOM and QOM segments for each gap.
All of the weekend’s activities are centered at the Bristol Rec. Club on Airport Drive, Bristol, Click here for directions.
There is one main parking lot, within easy walking or riding distance to the registration area and start.
- At the venue at 110 Airport Drive.
*In the event of road closure or construction affecting access to a designated ‘Gap Challenge’, the most challenging gap will become the ‘Gap Challenge’.