Event Date – July 1, 2017
The Vermont Gran Fondo is a non-competitive ride through Vermont’s Green Mountains. This ride will test your fitness with its challenging climbs. There are amazing views at the top each gap—savor them for a moment before you speed downhill.
Paper Registration Form DOWNLOAD HERE.
Three ride options:
- Every route will cover iconic Vermont dirt roads (approximately 10%), which are hard-packed and easily navigable.
- Gran Fondo: 105 miles, 10k+ feet of climbing (all four gaps: Middlebury Gap (west to east), Lincoln Gap, Appalachian Gap, Middlebury Gap (east to west).
- Medio Fondo: 64 miles, 6k+ feet of climbing (Lincoln & App gaps)
Registration/packet pickup/start/finish at Woodchuck Cider House, located at 1321 Exchange Street, Middlebury
- Gran & Medio riders will start at 8 a.m.
- Riders must depart as a group–the intersection of Exchange Street and Route 7 will be controlled by police–dangerous to cross on your own.
- Online closes on Thursday, June 29, 5 pm. Click here to register.
- In person:
- Friday, June 30: 3 to 6 pm at Woodchuck Cider House, 1321 Exchange Street, Middlebury
- Saturday, July 1: 6:00 to 7:30 am at Vermont Coffee Company, 1197 Exchange Street, Middlebury
- Two amazingly scenic, challenging and well-marked routes
- Professional ride day photography—unlimited downloads post-event—no additional fees. Provided by Pat Hendrick Photograpy.
- Custom-designed thingy (TBD) for every rider who registers by May 15th
- Entry into apres-ride party (tickets available for family & friends)
- Discounts at local hotels for the weekend
- Route signage marking every turn, cue sheets, route maps at each rest stop, and course marshals to guide you
- Rest stops atop every gap with the foods you expect at endurance cycling events (PBJ, PowerBar Fuels and Fluids, an assortment of fresh fruits), plus a variety of specialty treats
- SAG support and mechanical support along the course
- Insurance coverage included in registration
- Knowing that event proceeds will benefit bicycling initiatives in Addison County
Hill Climb Challenge: King of the Mountain
Riders seeking a bit of competition can empty the tank through our Gran Fondo Strava Challenge. Upload your climb times (for any or all of the four gaps) via Garmin or iPhone to Strava and the fastest male and female riders each gap will earn recognition as “King of the Mountain.” They’ll each win a unique KOM trophy (TBD). GRAN DISTANCE ONLY PLEASE!
All of the weekend’s activities are centered on Exchange Street, Middlebury, just off of Route 7, and approximately 1.5 miles north of downtown Middlebury. Click here for directions.
There are three parking lots, all within easy walking or riding distance to the registration area and start. View the Vermont Gran Fondo campus map for locations.
- 1330 Exchange Street
- 1321 Exchange Street, Woodchuck Cider House
- 1197 Exchange Street, Vermont Coffee Company & Stonecutter Spirits
- Free bag check located near the start/finish line.
- We are not responsible for any items lost, stolen or damaged.